Facebook Proves It Has No Social Skills Whatsoever
By Carol Kopp
NEW YORK (Minyanville) -- What's the difference between Facebook's (FB) top management and a gang of socially-stunted hackers who disrupt nine hundred million email accounts just because they can?
Not a joke. The only difference is that Facebook management presumably is not trying to enrage, confuse, and inconvenience people, especially people who are their customers.
You see, Facebook has been unable to exploit the potentially lucrative business of "free" email, because nobody uses the Facebook email service.
Piece of cake to fix, if you happen to have lots of technical skills and no people skills whatsoever. The ace tech team just went in there and changed all the email addresses its users entered on their profiles, and replaced them with a @facebook.com address.
More from Minyanville
Icky New Ways to Use Personal Data
5 Reasons American Business Opportunity is Still Strong
The Return of the Poll Tax
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV