Facebook Proves It Has No Social Skills Whatsoever
NEW YORK ( Minyanville) -- What's the difference between Facebook's (FB) top management and a gang of socially-stunted hackers who disrupt nine hundred million email accounts just because they can?
Not a joke. The only difference is that Facebook management presumably is not trying to enrage, confuse, and inconvenience people, especially people who are their customers.
You see, Facebook has been unable to exploit the potentially lucrative business of "free" email, because nobody uses the Facebook email service.
Piece of cake to fix, if you happen to have lots of technical skills and no people skills whatsoever. The ace tech team just went in there and changed all the email addresses its users entered on their profiles, and replaced them with a @facebook.com address.
| More from Minyanville
Icky New Ways to Use Personal Data
5 Reasons American Business Opportunity is Still Strong
The Return of the Poll Tax
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV