BROOMFIELD, Colo., July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- For premier craft brewer Oskar Blues Brewery of Lyons, Colo., combining their home-brewed root beer with the convenient, quick chilling, resealable Alumi-Tek® bottles by Ball Corporation (NYSE: BLL) benefited not only Oskar Blues and its customers but also the family of Brian Stiff.
Brian Stiff was a part of the local Lyons, Colo. bike scene and father of two, who recently and unexpectedly passed away. When Lyons locals looked for ways to help his widow, it seemed only natural for Dale Katechis to name Oskar Blues' root beer B.Stiff & Sons as a tribute to their friend.
"With every sale, a portion of the proceeds of B.Stiff & Sons Old Fashioned Root Beer goes to Brian's family," said Chad Melis, marketing director of Oskar Blues Brewery. "After years of serving our popular, home-brewed root beer from our restaurants, we decided to share it with friends and family in a portable, recyclable package suitable for outdoor activities – Ball's 16-oz. Alumi-Tek bottles."
Ball's resealable bottle lets consumers enjoy B.Stiff & Sons root beer on the move wherever they go. The 100-percent recyclable bottle is lightweight, unbreakable and impervious to light and oxygen – providing unparalleled flavor protection and long shelf life for the beverage inside.About Oskar Blues Brewery Founded by Dale Katechis in 1997 as a brew pub and grill in 1997, Oskar Blues Brewery launched its craft-brewed beer canning operations in 2002 in Lyons, CO. Oskar Blues was the first American Craft Brewery to brew and can its beer. Visit www.oskarblues.com/ for more information. B.Stiff & Sons Old Fashioned Root Beer is available in 16-oz. resealable, aluminum bottles at Oskar Blues restaurant locations, the Bonewagon Food truck, the West End Tavern and online.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV