Montpelier Reinsurance Ltd., the Bermuda reinsurance subsidiary of Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: MRH), announced today that it has named Dr. Gero Michel Head of Risk Analytics, a new position at the Company, effective July 1, 2012.
Dr. Michel will focus on enhancing Montpelier’s risk analysis efforts for natural catastrophe exposed businesses including research, development, portfolio optimization and other underwriting initiatives. He will report directly to Christopher Schaper, President of Montpelier Reinsurance Ltd.
Mr. Schaper said, “Gero brings a wealth of intellectual capabilities, business experience and leadership qualities to Montpelier, and I look forward to working with him. Improving the assessment of risks and translating that knowledge into better underwriting decisions are key challenges in our industry, and the addition of Gero further strengthens our team in these areas.”
Dr. Michel has nearly three decades of experience analyzing natural disasters and risk, most recently as Managing Director of Willis Research Network and Head of Product Development for Willis Global. Previously, he led international property catastrophe underwriting at Endurance Bermuda. Earlier, he headed climate model development at RMS and was senior analyst at Hannover Re DE and Hannover Re Bermuda. Dr. Michel has a PhD and MSc in Geosciences from the Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen, Germany and has also completed executive education at Harvard Business School. Prior to working for the industry, he was an academic leader at the GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam and lecturer at the University of Freiberg, Germany.Montpelier, through its operating subsidiaries, is a premier provider of global property and casualty reinsurance and insurance products. Additional information can be found at www.montpelierre.bm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV