CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. (AP) â¿¿ Quaker Chemical Corp. said Monday that it has purchased metal surface treatment products maker NP Coil Dexter Industries S.r.l.
Quaker didn't put a value on the deal, but it said privately held NP Coil Dexter, which is based in Gorgonzola, Italy, had annual revenue of about $11 million.
The chemical company said NP Coil Dexter's coil coating and surface treatment products, which prepare metal surfaces prior to painting or other finishing, will enhance Quaker's steel flat rolling business.
The deal includes NP Coil Dexter's commercial and technical operations and a leased factory.Shares of Quaker, which is based in Conshohocken, Pa., rose $1.12, or 2.4 percent, to close Monday at $47.33.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV