Uniform rental firm Cintas (CTAS) ebbs and flows with the health of the jobs market. For that reason, revenues have been doing a lot more ebbing than flowing in the past few years. Still, with the labor market slowly turning around, that could soon be changing for Cintas -- sales bottomed in fiscal 2010 before turning higher last year. And so far, 2012 looks like another growth year for the firm.
Cintas is the league leader in the uniform rental market, providing uniforms for employees at more than 900,000 businesses. From fast food restaurant and hotel employees to factory workers, more than five million people go to work each day wearing Cintas' uniform products. By renting and maintaining uniforms, Cintas' customers save money and effort on their peoples' uniform costs, and the firm has the opportunity to up sell add-ons.>>5 Financial Stocks Ready for Bigger Dividends In the past few years, Cintas has expanded its offerings by adding document management and destruction services to its lineup. The document businesses add an attractive and profitable niche to Cintas' capabilities, but they're just as beholden to the labor market as the uniform business, so revenue diversification isn't really there. Cintas has a solid balance sheet, with around $450 million of cash and investments. Like Republic Services, Cintas operates in a capital-intense industry -- but liquidity is minimal on CTAS' balance sheet, and the firm generates plenty of cash to generate bigger dividends right now. Presently, Cintas' annual dividend stands at 54 cents, a 1.44% yield. I think that the firm has room to hike its payouts for 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV