HJ Heinz Company (HNZ): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Winner
HJ Heinz Company (HNZ) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, HJ Heinz Company rose 34 cents (0.6%) to $54.72 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of HJ Heinz Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.22-$54.73 after having opened the day at $54.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.38. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Champion Industries (CHMP), up 22.2%, Limoneira (LMNR), up 16.1%, Generac Holdings (GNRC), up 15%, and China Marine Food Group (CMFO), up 9.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full HJ Heinz Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV