NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Valspar Corporation (NYSE:VAL) hit a new 52-week high Monday as it is currently trading at $53.07, above its previous 52-week high of $52.96 with 862,289 shares traded as of 3:59 p.m. ET. Average volume has been 837,000 shares over the past 30 days. Valspar has a market cap of $4.68 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. Shares are up 34.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. The Valspar Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and distributes coatings, paints, and related products worldwide.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about VAL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV