This complimentary article from Options Profits was originally published on July 2. Don't risk missing over 40 options trade ideas every week, educational content, exclusive commentary and webinars from our experts.
Click here for more information and a 14-Day Free Trial.
Early-Bird Pricing Ends This Week: On Saturday, July 21, the CBOE, Option Pit and OptionsProfits are hosting a full-day course, VIX - Everything from VIX to AAPL CLICK HERE FOR INVITE AND TO REGISTER.
At this market juncture the home furnishing stocks are doing well. I believe this is partly due to a downsizing phenomenon going on in the country. Many baby boomers are now empty nesters. The kids have moved on and Mom and Dad have a house that is too big for them. Many of those couples are choosing to relocate to warmer climes.
One beneficiary of this demographic trend is Bed Bath and Beyond (BBBY). Today when people move they often sell what they have and buy new things when they arrive at their destination. This saves moving and storage costs. To play this I would go with the August 55 put.
Trade: Sell to open 1 BBBY August 55 put at $0.56.
These puts expire August 17 so they have about a month and a half to run. We can reasonably expect that the time erosion on these options will cause them to lose value fairly quickly which will provide us with our profit. As I like to point out it is difficult to predict the direction of a stock move, but I am very good at predicting how many days will transpire in the month of July.
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV