Northeast Community Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: NECB) the holding company for NorthEast Community Bank (the “Bank”), today announced that the Bank has successfully completed its conversion from a federally-chartered savings bank to a New York State-chartered savings bank effective as of the close of business on June 29, 2012.
Kenneth A. Martinek, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Bank, commented, “We are very pleased to be able to accomplish the charter conversion in such a timely manner and look forward to working with the New York State Department of Financial Services.”
As a result of the charter conversion, the New York State Department of Financial Services and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation will be the Bank’s primary regulators. The Federal Reserve Board will continue to be the primary banking regulator for NorthEast Community Bancorp, MHC and NorthEast Bancorp, Inc., both of which will remain savings and loan holding companies.
Northeast Community Bancorp, Inc. is the holding company for Northeast
Community Bank. Northeast Community Bank is a federally chartered
savings bank that operates four full-service branches in New York and
three full-service branches in Danvers, Plymouth and Framingham,
Massachusetts and loan production offices in Danvers, Massachusetts and
White Plains, New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV