PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) â¿¿ Metal parts maker Precision Castparts Corp. said Monday that it will buy Klune Industries, which makes components used in building the structure of airplanes.
Precision Castparts did not disclose terms of the deal. It said Klune has around 470 employees. Subject to regulatory approvals, Precision Castparts expects to complete the sale during its fiscal second quarter, which ends Sept. 30. It said Klune will become part of its fastener products business and the acquisition will add to its profit immediately.
Klune products are used on Boeing 787 and 737 aircraft, as well as the Gulfstream G650 business jet.
Shares of Precision Castparts rose $1.18 to $165.67 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV