Rating Change #8
Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DRC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 14.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 86.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 5800.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.40 million to $23.60 million.
- DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC has shown improvement in its earnings for its most recently reported quarter when compared with the same quarter a year earlier. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC reported lower earnings of $1.55 versus $1.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.84 versus $1.55).
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.15 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, DRC has a quick ratio of 0.63, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.00%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.60% trails that of the industry average.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV