"My goal is to see Pennsylvania become an energy capital, a major player in the world," Corbett said. "This is a major step toward that."
Union leaders also praised the agreement. Members were scheduled to vote on a new contract later Monday.
"Not only will good paying manufacturing jobs be saved, but new ones will be created as this vital facility is improved and expanded," United Steelworkers president Leo Gerard said.
___Associated Press writer Marc Levy contributed to this report from Harrisburg, Pa.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV