A.M. Best Co. has withdrawn the financial strength rating (FSR) of A (Excellent) and issuer credit rating (ICR) of “a” of Protective Life Insurance Company of New York (Greece, NY), following its merger with and into its affiliate, Protective Life and Annuity Insurance Company (PL&A) (Birmingham, AL).
A.M. Best also has withdrawn the FSR of A (Excellent) and ICR of “a” of United Investors Life Insurance Company (Omaha, NE), following its merger with and into its parent, Protective Life Insurance Company (PLIC) (headquartered in Birmingham, AL). Both mergers were effective July 1, 2012.
PLIC and PL&A are wholly owned subsidiaries of Protective Life Corporation (Protective) (headquartered in Birmingham, AL) [NYSE: PL]. The FSR of A+ (Superior) and ICRs of “aa-”of PLIC and PL&A and the ICR of “a-”of Protective are unchanged.
The methodology used in determining these ratings is Best’s Credit Rating Methodology , which provides a comprehensive explanation of A.M. Best’s rating process and contains the different rating criteria employed in the rating process. Best’s Credit Rating Methodology can be found at www.ambest.com/ratings/methodology.Founded in 1899, A.M. Best Company is the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com. Copyright © 2012 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV