Salix Stock Hits New 52-Week High (SLXP)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Salix Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq:SLXP) hit a new 52-week high Monday as it is currently trading at $54.66, above its previous 52-week high of $54.57 with 17,567 shares traded as of 9:35 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 878,900 shares over the past 30 days. Salix has a market cap of $3.06 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 10.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. acquires, develops, and markets prescription drugs and medical devices used in the treatment of various gastrointestinal diseases in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 33.8, above the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 33.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV