SunTrust will report its second-quarter results on July 20, with analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expecting a 43-cent profit, compared to EPS of 46 cents in the first quarter and 33 cents in the second quarter of 2011.
Morgan Stanley estimates SunTrust will post second-quarter earnings of 45 cents a share, with full year EPS estimates of $2.13 for all of 2012 and $2.68 for 2013.
SunTrust's shares closed at $24.23 Friday, returning 38% year-to-date, following a 40% decline during 2011.The shares trade just above tangible book value, and for 9.1 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $2.65. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $1.91. Interested in more on SunTrust? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV