RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ThermoGenesis Corp. (NASDAQ: KOOL), a leading supplier of enabling technologies for the processing, storage and administration of cell therapies, said today that Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd., has exercised its option to purchase the Company's CryoSeal Fibrin Sealant System wound care product line for $2 million in cash, effective June 30, 2012. Payment is due during the Company's first fiscal quarter of 2013.
This transaction is the culmination of the Company's previously announced strategy and option agreement to divest the CryoSeal product line, according to Matthew Plavan, Chief Executive Officer of ThermoGenesis. "We are very pleased to consummate the sale of the CryoSeal product line to our long-time strategic partner, Asahi. We look forward to their successful commercialization of CryoSeal in the wound care market," Plavan said.
"This divestiture is an important milestone in our long-term strategy to focus on the development of enabling technologies for the stem cell regenerative medicine market. It significantly strengthens our balance sheet and the proceeds from this transaction will be used to fund our market expansion efforts for our cord blood and bone marrow stem cell processing and storage offerings, particularly in markets outside North America. In addition, it frees up management and corporate resources to address these more strategic market opportunities, and furthers our initiative to reduce operating costs," Plavan added.
About ThermoGenesis Corp.ThermoGenesis Corp. ( www.thermogenesis.com) is a leader in developing and manufacturing automated blood processing systems and disposable products that enable the manufacture, preservation and delivery of cell and tissue therapy products. These include:
- The BioArchive® System, an automated cryogenic device, used by cord blood stem cell banks in more than 30 countries for cryopreserving and archiving cord blood stem cell units for transplant.
- AXP® AutoXpress® Platform (AXP), a proprietary family of automated devices that includes the AXP and the MXP® MarrowXpress® and companion sterile blood processing disposables for harvesting stem cells in closed systems. The AXP device is used for the processing of cord blood. The MXP is used for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells from bone marrow aspirates in the laboratory setting.
- The Res-Q® 60 BMC/PRP (Res-Q), a point-of-care system designed for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates and whole blood for platelet rich plasma (PRP).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV