Cabot Corp. (NYSE: CBT) announces the launch of new Transfinity™ elastomer composite products specifically designed for use in anti-vibration applications. These products provide elastomer compound formulators the flexibility to control damping levels and achieve the highest levels of dynamic durability. This new flexibility in material formulation creates opportunities to design smaller, more reliable, lightweight parts for use in automotive, aerospace, marine, rail and industrial vibration control systems.
“Meeting the design requirements of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the transportation industry is incredibly challenging. Automotive manufacturers are striving to improve fuel efficiency through vehicle weight reduction without compromising overall performance or vehicle reliability. In order to do so, our customers are constantly faced with difficult tradeoffs between part size, part lifetime and part performance,” says David Reynolds, Cabot Elastomer Composites business manager. “Using our new Transfinity products, component manufacturers no longer need to make such compromises and can now offer their customers products with improved vibration management and longer lifetimes in smaller packages.”
Transfinity products are composites made from elastomer latex, which is a liquid form of rubber, and reinforcing particles, such as carbon black. The products are produced in a patented process that creates composites that are stronger than conventional elastomer materials and can reduce abrasive wear by fifty percent as well as double the fatigue life of anti-vibration components.
Cabot’s new Transfinity elastomer composite products include:
- Transfinity XD Product: Extreme DurabilityCabot’s Transfinity XD product is designed to provide the highest level of durability available today in a natural rubber material. Customers can use this material to extend the lifetime of suspension components on heavy vehicles or railcars, reducing downtime and increasing productivity.
- Transfinity DF Products: Design FlexibilityCabot’s Transfinity DF series products break design tradeoffs by delivering the highest levels of durability to soft elastomer compounds. This enables formulators to increase the vibration isolation performance of their parts without sacrificing durability. Using Transfinity DF series products, designers of engine and transmission mounts can offer vehicle and aircraft OEMs new parts that are smaller, more reliable and enhance ride comfort.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV