MCLEAN, Va., July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Gladstone Commercial Corporation (NASDAQ: GOOD) (the "Company") reported today that it purchased a 31,293 square foot office building located in Columbus, OH for $4.0 million. The building is fully leased to Nationwide Children's Hospital ("NCH"), one of the largest and most well respected children's hospital systems in the United States. The building houses administrative personnel that support NCH's 50 medical locations across Ohio.
"This acquisition adds another high quality property and strong tenant to our existing portfolio," said Matthew Tucker, the Director of our investment adviser responsible for the transaction.
Gladstone Commercial Corporation is a real estate investment trust ("REIT") that invests in and owns net leased industrial, commercial and retail real property and selectively makes long-term industrial and commercial mortgage loans. The Company currently owns 77 properties. Including payments through June 2012, the Company has paid 90 consecutive monthly cash distributions on its common stock. Prior to paying distributions on a monthly basis, the Company paid five consecutive quarterly cash distributions. The Company has paid 78 consecutive monthly cash distributions on its Series A preferred stock, 69 consecutive monthly cash distributions on its Series B preferred stock, and 26 consecutive monthly cash distributions on its Senior Common Stock and 5 consecutive monthly cash distributions on its Series C preferred stock. The Company has never skipped, reduced or deferred a monthly distribution since inception, over eight years ago. Additional information can be found at www.gladstonecompanies.com.For Investor Relations inquiries related to any of the monthly dividend paying Gladstone funds, please visit www.gladstone.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV