AUBURN HILLS, Mich., July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BorgWarner announces the sale of its spark plug business to Federal-Mogul Corporation. The sale includes manufacturing facilities in Chazelles, France and Neuhaus, Germany. Completion of the transaction is subject to regulatory approvals.
The spark plug business was a small segment of the BERU operations acquired by BorgWarner in 2005. Sales were approximately $80 million in 2011. BorgWarner will continue its focus on expanding the core BERU Systems products of glow plugs, diesel cold start systems and other gasoline ignition technologies.
As a result of the transaction and related restructuring activities, including the write-off of excess purchase price allocation related to the 2005 BERU acquisition, BorgWarner will incur a pre-tax loss of $50-$60 million subject to final closing adjustments.
About BorgWarnerAuburn Hills, Michigan-based BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE: BWA) is a technology leader in highly engineered components and systems for powertrain applications worldwide. Operating manufacturing and technical facilities in 59 locations in 19 countries, the company develops products to improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance performance. Customers include VW/Audi, Ford, Toyota, Renault/Nissan, General Motors, Hyundai/Kia, Daimler, Chrysler, Fiat, BMW, Honda, John Deere, PSA, and MAN. For more information, please visit borgwarner.com . SOURCE BorgWarner Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV