“The publication of these two studies is evidence of how our long-read technology is emerging as the gold standard for finishing genome assemblies and identifying, annotating and deciphering genomic structure,” said Mike Hunkapiller, President and CEO at Pacific Biosciences. “Moreover, investigators are finding creative ways to take advantage of the unique benefits provided by our SMRT sequencing and enabling scientific applications that are simply not possible with short-read sequencing platforms.”
The Nature Biotechnology publication details are as follows:
- “Hybrid error correction and de novo assembly of single-molecule sequencing reads.” Sergey Koren et al., National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center.
- “A hybrid approach for the automated finishing of bacterial genomes.” Ali Bashir et al., Pacific Biosciences and Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
For more information on de novo genome assembly with the PacBio ® RS, please visit our website at www.pacb.com/denovo.
About Pacific BiosciencesPacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (NASDAQ: PACB) offers the PacBio ® RS, a high resolution genetic analyzer, to help scientists solve genetically complex problems. Based on its novel single molecule, real-time (SMRT ®) technology, the company’s products enable: targeted sequencing to more comprehensively characterize genetic variations; de novo genome assembly to more fully identify, annotate and decipher genomic structures; and DNA base modification identification to help characterize epigenetic regulation and DNA damage. By providing access to genetic information that was previously inaccessible, Pacific Biosciences enables scientists to increase their understanding of biological systems. Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements may contain words such as "believe," "may," "estimate," "anticipate," "continue," "intend," "expect," "plan," the negative of these terms, or other similar expressions, and include the assumptions that underlie such statements. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the Company’s SMRT technology. These statements are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements, including but not limited to risks discussed from time to time in documents Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. has filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the risks identified under the section captioned "Risk Factors" in its recently filed Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q. All forward-looking statements are based on estimates, projections and assumptions as of the date hereof. Pacific Biosciences undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV