BANGALORE, India, July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsoft Corp. today announced that Wipro Technologies (NYSE:WIT), the Global Information Technology, Consulting and Outsourcing business of Wipro Limited, has migrated to Microsoft Lync Server 2010 for its ease of use and its single, simple-to-use user interface for real-time communication and collaboration needs. Lync Server 2010 is being rolled out to all employees in phases across all worldwide locations.
Since Wipro has a presence across multiple geographies, the company was keen to adopt a more optimal and seamless solution to enable better collaboration among users. In fewer than three months, Lync Server 2010 was deployed with go-live in November 2011.
" Lync Server 2010 provides us with a single solution for all modes of real-time communications," said Ramesh Nagarajan, chief information officer, Wipro. "We also wanted the same solution to cater to our dial-in conferencing needs for users across the globe in different regions. This has been rapidly achieved for certain users in the U.S. and now is being planned for other regions, including India."Because Wipro's employees work in many different time zones, the benefits of Lync Server 2010 were immediately apparent. With it they can do the following:
- Collaborate with co-workers anytime, anywhere using the Internet
- Potentially optimize costs using webconferencing and videoconferencing for interactive training
- Manage and finish projects efficiently with desktop sharing and real-time communications within project teams
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV