6. 2012 Ford Expedition
Assembled: Louisville, Ky.
Percentage Made In U.S.: 80%
Like the Navigator, the Expedition was built to be an absolute bruiser. It's still built on an F-150 pickup platform, comes with a standard 5.4-liter V8 engine, pumps out more than 300 horsepower and has 9,200 pounds of towing capacity. Its sole purpose is to beat up on Chevy Suburbans, GMC Yukons, Dodge Durangos, NissanArmadas and Toyota Sequoias. As with most of those other big boys, though, the Expedition's popularity peaked in the '90s and has bottomed out since. Ford sold 233,000 in 1999 before selling just 40,500 last year. That's still better than the 31,000 it moved during the economic downturn in 2009, but considering 20% of those sales came from Texas alone, this one-time mass-market marvel is slowly being relegated to a niche market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV