1. 2012 Toyota Avalon
Assembled: Georgetown, Ky.
Percentage Made In U.S.: 85%
Yep, the ultimate American full-size is the most American-made car on this list. With lots of room and safety features, just the right amount of luxury features and a combined 24 miles per gallon, the Avalon was just the right car for picking the kids up at school or dropping them off at college and hitting the city afterward. The Avalon gets more efficient in 2013 with an upgrade to the Lexus ES frame that trims its fuel economy to roughly 35 miles per gallon. Toyota actually makes a car with even more American parts than the Avalon -- the 95% U.S. Matrix -- but their choice to assemble it across the border in Canada disqualified it. When you say "American-made" down here in the states, "North America" isn't exactly what folks have in mind.
-- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV