4. Bank of New York Mellon
Shares of Bank of New York Mellon (BK) closed at $21.95 Friday, returning 12% year-to-date, following a 33% decline during 2011.
Based on a quarterly payout of 13 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.37%.
The shares trade for 2.2 times tangible book value, and for 8.9 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $2.47. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $2.21.The company plans to repurchase up to $1.16 billion in common shares this year, and reported buying back "17.3 million common shares in the open market at an average price of $21.53 per share for a total of $371 million," during the first quarter. Analysts expect Bank of New York Mellon to report second-quarter earnings of 54 cents a share, improving from 52 cents the previous quarter, but declining from 59 cents a year earlier. KBW analyst Robert Lee rates Bank of New York Mellon "Market Perform," with a $26 price target, saying on Wednesday that "to some extent BK may be the most levered of the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV