4. Bank of New York Mellon
Shares of Bank of New York Mellon (BK) closed at $21.95 Friday, returning 12% year-to-date, following a 33% decline during 2011.
Based on a quarterly payout of 13 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.37%.
The shares trade for 2.2 times tangible book value, and for 8.9 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $2.47. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $2.21.The company plans to repurchase up to $1.16 billion in common shares this year, and reported buying back "17.3 million common shares in the open market at an average price of $21.53 per share for a total of $371 million," during the first quarter. Analysts expect Bank of New York Mellon to report second-quarter earnings of 54 cents a share, improving from 52 cents the previous quarter, but declining from 59 cents a year earlier. KBW analyst Robert Lee rates Bank of New York Mellon "Market Perform," with a $26 price target, saying on Wednesday that "to some extent BK may be the most levered of the [trust and custody] banks to near-term capital markets activity (both good and bad), particularly debt issuance, and M&A and trading volumes," adding that "asset management should enjoy positive long-term inflows, although given BK's size, the incremental impact of modest changes in net flows, particularly into lower-fee indexed and fixed income products, is minimal." KBW estimates that Bank of New York Mellon will report second-quarter earnings of 51 cents, with EPS estimate of $2.15 for all of 2012, and $2.45 in 2013. Interested in more on Bank of New York Mellon? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV