6. PNC Financial Services Group
Shares of PNC closed at $61.11 Friday, returning 7% year-to-date, following last year's 3% decline.
Based on a quarterly payout of 40 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.62%.
The shares trade for 1.3 times tangible book value, and for nine times the consensus 2013 EPs estimate of $6.81. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $5.94.The company said in April that it planned "to purchase up to $250 million of common stock under its existing 25 million share repurchase program in open market or privately negotiated transactions during the remainder of 2012." PNC will announce its second-quarter results on July 18, with analysts expecting EPS of $1.26, declining from $1.44 in the first quarter, and $1.67 a year earlier. As mentioned above, the second-quarter results will reflect the addition of $350 million to the company's mortgage repurchase reserves. Sterne Agee analyst Todd Hagerman rates PNC a "Buy," with a $74 price target, and said on Friday that "the loan growth outlook in 2012 remains positive, as PNC continues to gain market share, with new clients exhibiting higher loan utilization rates vs. legacy customers," adding that "accretion stemming from
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV