6. PNC Financial Services Group
Shares of PNC closed at $61.11 Friday, returning 7% year-to-date, following last year's 3% decline.
Based on a quarterly payout of 40 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.62%.
The shares trade for 1.3 times tangible book value, and for nine times the consensus 2013 EPs estimate of $6.81. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $5.94.The company said in April that it planned "to purchase up to $250 million of common stock under its existing 25 million share repurchase program in open market or privately negotiated transactions during the remainder of 2012." PNC will announce its second-quarter results on July 18, with analysts expecting EPS of $1.26, declining from $1.44 in the first quarter, and $1.67 a year earlier. As mentioned above, the second-quarter results will reflect the addition of $350 million to the company's mortgage repurchase reserves. Sterne Agee analyst Todd Hagerman rates PNC a "Buy," with a $74 price target, and said on Friday that "the loan growth outlook in 2012 remains positive, as PNC continues to gain market share, with new clients exhibiting higher loan utilization rates vs. legacy customers," adding that "accretion stemming from [the] RBC transaction should begin to emerge in the quarter... however, with the company recently increasing its non-interest expense guidance, in addition to an announced mortgage repurchase charge of $350mm in 2Q12, strategic execution and profitability outlook will be at the forefront in the quarter." Sterne Agee expects PNC to post second-quarter earnings of $1.20 a share, and estimates EPS of $6.28 for all of 2012, followed by 2013 EPs of $6.90. Interested in more on PNC Financial Services Group? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV