Shares of SunTrust (STI) of Atlanta closed at $24.23 Friday, returning 38% year-to-date, following a 40% decline during 2011.
The shares trade just above tangible book value, and for 9.1 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $2.65. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $1.91.
SunTrust will report its second-quarter results on July 20, with analysts expecting a 43-cent profit, compared to EPS of 46 cents in the first quarter and 33 cents in the second quarter of 2011.Jefferies analyst Ken Usdin rates SunTrust a "Buy," with a $28 price target, saying on Wednesday that "Investors remain focused on credit-related expenses, especially following mortgage repurchase preannouncements" from First Horizon and PNC. Usdin expects "continued directional improvement, but do not believe the magnitude of the decline
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV