NEW YORK -- AT&T (T) says it has reached an agreement with AMC Networks Inc., the home of hit shows including "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad," and will keep showing its AMC, IFC Sundance and WE channels.
AT&T, the eighth-largest provider of pay-TV signals, said Sunday the channels will remain available on its U-verse TV service.
Details of the agreement were not disclosed.
Fee disputes between pay-TV companies and TV channels often result in channels being temporarily dropped. They usually end with the parties reaching agreement on fees.> > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll In a separate fee dispute, satellite broadcaster Dish Network Corp. (DISH) replaced AMC's channels with HDNet channels at midnight Saturday. Dish, the third-largest pay-TV provider in the U.S., had earlier said it would drop AMC's channels because they're too expensive. On Sunday, AMC reiterated its position that Dish is actually playing hardball because it wants to retaliate for a lawsuit Voom HD, an indirect subsidiary of AMC, filed against Dish for dropping it. The trial itself has not started, but a judge has ruled that Dish destroyed evidence in the case. Dish did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The new season of "Breaking Bad" starts July 15.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV