Finally, Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas wrote that things are "getting medieval in Europe" and said Ford's announcement provided "a double dose of reality and politics." Jonas said "Ford enters the club of auto makers with immediate needs to address excess capacity through near-term action." In other words, the loss could pave the way for cutbacks. Jonas, meanwhile, ranks Ford as overweight with a $17 target.
Regarding TheStreet's headline, one of the most famous newspaper headlines ever was published in the New York Daily News on Oct. 30, 1975, after President Gerald Ford said in a speech that he would not approve federal funds to keep the city from filing bankruptcy. The front page headline read: "Ford to City: Drop Dead."
We don't mean it literally.
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/tedreednc. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV