MetLife (MET) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.3%. By the end of trading, MetLife rose $1.36 (4.6%) to $30.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.8 million shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.20-$30.87 after having opened the day at $30.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.49. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: ING Groep N.V (ING), up 10.2%, Citizens (CIA), up 10.2%, Assured Guaranty (AGO), up 6.8%, and MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG), up 6.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MET
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV