PPG Industries (PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 3.1%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries rose $2.52 (2.4%) to $106.02 on light volume. Throughout the day, 643,024 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $104.83-$106.17 after having opened the day at $105.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $103.50. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Cereplast (CERP), up 41.5%, Renewable Energy Group (REGI), up 16.8%, American Pacific Corporation (APFC), up 11.7%, and TPC Group (TPCG), up 10.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full PPG Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PPG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV