The sole bank on our list of possible dividend hikes is Credicorp (BAP), the $10 billion Peruvian banking stock. Credicorp is the largest financial firm in Peru, and as a result, it's got significant exposure to commercial lending and leasing activities -- effectively making it a way to get exposure to the Peruvian economy.
Beyond Credicorp's 3 million traditional banking customers, the firm owns subsidiaries that sell insurance, manage pension funds, and provide investment banking services to Latin American clients. That's proven to be a profitable place to be in the last several years. Although Latin American economies were getting more attention from investors in 2007, before the credit crisis hit in earnest, Peru is only now starting to get attention for its economic engine -- and Credicorp has seen its profitability double since 2008 as a result.>>5 Stocks With Double-Digit Yields Currently, the firm pays out a 1.8% dividend yield, the result of last year's $2.30 annual dividend payout. BAP has a long history of dividend hikes, and even though exposure to the Peruvian nuevo sol adds some risk to the Credicorp payout, I'd expect this year to be no different. As of the most recently reported quarter, Credicorp was one of Maverick Capital's top holdings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV