- Net sales for the quarter were $6.5 million, a decrease of $1.4 million or 17% from the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2011. Sequentially, revenues were flat relative to the third quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Net sales for the fiscal year were $29.5 million, an increase of 2% over the prior year. The increase was led by the telecommunication, homeland security and medical markets.
- Gross profit margin for Q4 2012 was 34.2% of sales compared to 43.9% for the quarter ended March 31, 2011. Price pressures in our high-speed optical receiver (HSOR) product line prior to cost reduction efforts and lower volumes affected the rate and gross margin dollars.
- Gross profit margin for the fiscal year 2012 was 40% relative to 43% in the prior year.
- Current quarter net loss was $1,063,000 or $0.03 per diluted share, as compared to a quarterly net loss of $563,000 or $0.02 per diluted share for the quarter ended March 31, 2011.
- Net loss for the fiscal year 2012 was $2.1 million or $0.07 per diluted share, as compared to a loss of $1.9 million, or $0.07 per diluted share for the prior year period.
- The Non-GAAP net loss for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 was $654,000 or $0.02 per diluted share, as compared to a Non-GAAP net income of $221,000, or $.01 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter last year. The Company reported full-year Non-GAAP net loss of $913,000, or $0.03 per diluted share, as compared to a Non-GAAP net income of $785,000, or $0.03 per diluted share, for the comparable prior year period.
- Adjusted EBITDA (which is defined as GAAP earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization and stock compensation), was a negative $416,000 for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 as compared to positive adjusted EBITDA of $498,000 for the quarter ended March 31, 2011. For the fiscal year 2012, the Company reported adjusted EBITDA of $257,000 as compared to an adjusted EBITDA of $2.0 million for the comparable prior year period.
Advanced Photonix, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter And Fiscal 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts