FREEHOLD, N.J., June 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation (NYSE: MNR) (the "Company"), today announced that Kevin S. Miller has been appointed by the board of directors to serve as Chief Financial Officer, effective July 2, 2012. Mr. Miller has been serving as the Company's Chief Accounting Officer since May 7, 2012, and will continue as Chief Accounting Officer in addition to his new responsibilities. Prior to joining the Company, Mr. Miller served as Assistant Controller and Assistant Vice-President of Forest City Ratner Companies, a wholly-owned subsidiary of a publicly-held company, Forest City Enterprises, Inc., for seven years and as an Audit Manager for twelve years at PKF O'Connor Davies, A Division of O'Connor Davies LLP.
Anna T. Chew, who had been serving as the Company's interim Chief Financial Officer, will continue to serve as the Company's Treasurer. Ms. Chew also serves as Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of UMH Properties, Inc., an affiliate of the Company.
Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation, which was organized in 1968, is a publicly owned real estate investment trust specializing in net-leased industrial properties subject to long-term leases primarily to investment grade tenants. The Company's portfolio consists of seventy industrial properties and one shopping center located in twenty-five states. In addition, the Company owns a portfolio of REIT securities.
SOURCE Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV