Kratos Defense & Security Solutions
My final breakout trade idea today is Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (KTOS), a specialized national security technology business providing products, services and solutions for U.S. national security. Its core capabilities are engineering, manufacturing, system integration and test and evaluation offerings for national security platforms and programs. This stock hasn't done much so far in 2012, with shares off by around 5%.
If you look at the chart for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, you'll see that this stock has been downtrending hard for the last four months, with shares plunging from a high of $7.17 to a recent low of $4.73 a share. During that sharp move lower, shares of Kratos Defense & Security Solutions have mostly made lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, after hitting that low of $4.73, KTOS has started to reverse that downtrend and start to uptrend, with shares now making higher lows and higher highs. This stock is also quickly moving within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV