One stock in the biotechnology and drugs complex that's trading within range of a major breakout trade is pSivida (PSDV), which, together with its subsidiaries, develops drug delivery products for treatment of back-of-the-eye diseases that are administered by implantation, injection, or insertion. This stock is off to a monster start in 2012 with shares up over 110%.
If you look at the chart for pSivida, you'll see that this stock dropped pretty hard once it hit its April high of $2.55, since shares then dropped to a low of $1.76 a share in June. During that sharp slide lower, shares of PSDV were making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, during the last month shares of pSivida have formed a double bottom chart pattern at around $1.76 to $1.78 a share. That bottom brought in buyer who have pushed the stock back above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages. Now shares of pSivida are trading within range of a major breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV