One stock that's trading within range of a major breakout trade is Merge Healthcare (MRGE), which develops software solutions that facilitate the sharing of images to create an electronic healthcare experience for patients and physicians. This stock has been hit hard by the sellers, with shares off by over 40% so far in 2012.
If you take a look at the chart for Merge Healthcare, you'll notice that this stock was taken to the woodshed by the bears, after it fell from its March high of $6.65 to a recent low of $2.20 a share. During that sharp move lower, shares of Merge Healthcare consistently made lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, this stock has started to form a bottoming process during the last two months at around $2.20 to $2.36 a share. This stock is also now moving within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV