Kansas City Southern (KCS) (NYSE: KSU) announced today the promotion of Jeff M. Songer from assistant vice president planning and administration for KCS’ U.S. engineering department to vice president and chief engineer of KCS U.S. subsidiary, closely coordinating with the leadership of its Mexican subsidiary. Mr. Songer reports to KCS executive vice president operations David R. Ebbrecht, effective July 1.
“Jeff has significant project management expertise and has consistently demonstrated effective execution and leadership, which makes him a natural fit for this position,” said Mr. Ebbrecht.
Mr. Songer joined The Kansas City Southern Railway Company in 2005. Prior to joining the company, he spent 12 years in the construction and finance industries. Mr. Songer holds a master of business administration and a bachelor of arts in engineering from the University of Kansas.
Mr. Songer replaces KCS senior vice president and chief engineer John S. Jacobsen who recently retired after 42 years of service.Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., KCS is a transportation holding company that has railroad investments in the U.S., Mexico and Panama. Its primary U.S. holding is The Kansas City Southern Railway Company serving the central and south central U.S. Its international holdings include Kansas City Southern de Mexico, S.A. de C.V., serving northeastern and central Mexico and the port cities of Lázaro Cárdenas, Tampico and Veracruz, and a 50 percent interest in Panama Canal Railway Company, providing ocean-to-ocean freight and passenger service along the Panama Canal. KCS’ North American rail holdings and strategic alliances are primary components of a NAFTA Railway system, linking the commercial and industrial centers of the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV