Downside Risks for Gold, Oil and Stocks
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- This week's volatility within the U.S. capital markets was influenced by generally weak economic data, the Supreme Court's decision on Obamacare, and now this morning the positive reaction to the bailout plans from the European Union.
Overnight we learned that eurozone leaders agreed to form a centralized supervisory body for eurozone banks by the end of 2012, which is a major step to creating a European banking union.
If this morning's market strength in gold, crude oil and stocks holds or extends into today's closes, it will effect my projections for the second half of 2012. In looking at the daily charts, however, the impact is within the recent trading ranges. The yield on the 10-year U.S. Treasury is between the low of the past two weeks at 1.555 and the 50-day simple moving average at 1.731.
Comex gold, which traded as low as $1,547.60 the troy ounce Thursday, rebounded to $1,574 overnight, still below my annual pivot at $1575.80. Nymex crude oil, which traded as low as $77.28 per barrel Thursday remains below its 200-week simple moving average at $80.51 Friday. The euro vs. the dollar rebounded to 1.2624 still below the two-week high at 1.2746.
Next week I will have new weekly, monthly, quarterly and semiannual value levels, pivots and risky levels for yields, commodities, currencies, the major equity averages and more than 7,000 stocks. Annual value levels, pivots and risky levels remain the same and will not change until the end of the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV