Standard Pacific Corp Stock Upgraded (SPF)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- SPF's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 30.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 57.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Household Durables industry. The net income increased by 157.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$14.80 million to $8.52 million.
- STANDARD PACIFIC CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STANDARD PACIFIC CORP reported poor results of -$0.05 versus -$0.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.20 versus -$0.05).
- The gross profit margin for STANDARD PACIFIC CORP is rather low; currently it is at 20.60%. Regardless of SPF's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.16 and currently higher than the industry average, implying that there is very poor management of debt levels within the company.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.