Although the company believes the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that its expectations will be attained. The company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. With that said, it’s now my pleasure to turn the call over to CalAmp’s President and CEO Michael Burdiek.
Thank you, Joanne. Good afternoon and thank you for joining us today to discuss CalAmp’s fiscal 2013 first quarter. I will begin today’s call with a review of our financial and operational highlights and Rick Vitelle will provide additional details about our financial results. I will wrap up with our business outlook and guidance for fiscal 2013 second quarter, along with some concluding remarks. This will be followed by a question-and-answer session.
Our strong financial performance is the first quarter was attributable to continued execution of our business strategy, which resulted in significant growth in revenue and earnings. The wireless DataCom segment recorded impressive year-over-year revenue growth of 44% driven by strength in several of our core industry verticals. In our satellite business we were particularly pleased with the gross margin improvement to 15.8% and with this segment’s solid contribution to our bottom line.Consolidate revenue for the first quarter was $43.9 million, up 27% compared to the first quarter last year, with wireless DataCom revenue increasing to $31.6 million and satellite revenue of $12.2 million. We are in $0.14 on a GAAP basis and $0.18 non-GAAP. Both revenue and EPS results were well above our initial guidance. In the first quarter we generated operating cash flow of $3.2 million and we ended the quarter with $7.3 million in total cash. Now, I would like to review our operational highlights for the quarter. The wireless DataCom segment posted record revenue in the first quarter with continued momentum across multiple market verticals. We experienced strong demand for our MRM products and services, which accounted for nearly 70% of total wireless DataCom revenue. Wireless network applications accounted for the remaining 30% of wireless DataCom revenue with significant contributions from our rail transportation products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV