Our activities are focused on improving the long-term profitability of our assets, and we will continue to implement cost savings, execute on operational efficiencies and prudently manage our capital investments. We remain confident about the free cash profile of our consolidated assets, and we believe our operating focus is the right strategy to create long-term value for all of our stakeholders.
Thanks to everyone for joining us today. And operator, you can open up the phone for questions, please.
Operator[Operator Instructions] Our first question comes from Phillip Huang from USB (sic) [UBS].Phillip Huang - UBS Investment Bank, Research DivisionJust wanted to -- first, I just wanted to clarify were there one-time type of drivers that impacted your Internet subscriber loss this quarter aside from your pull-back promos and also the ongoing competitive intensity? And then I have a follow-up.Jay MehrPhillip, it's Jay. I don't think there's anything that you would consider to be a one-time driver in the Internet numbers.Bradley S. ShawYes, I think so. But just goes to our focus in our disciplined approach to the market, and it's reflective in that. As we said, we're focused on the long term. And this is not a chase for numbers to the quarter end. And everything we're doing is tactically in regards to creating long-term value and maintaining our base. So I think you're somewhat seeing that, reflective in that.Jay MehrAnd just building on what Brad is saying, the -- I think to the extent that there is a one-time factor, there likely was a pull forward in Q2 effect just with the level of aggressiveness that we had in our office in Q2. And I think you've probably seen some of that happen there.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV