Where's this leave Roberts?
Possibly with one brilliant piece of judicial strategizing.
"If you're imagining a Chief Justice writing this as a judicial politician trying to satisfy constituencies -- you know, give the conservatives something of a bone, don't strike the thing down, write something narrow -- I think you couldn't be much more crafty than this," said Magarian. "Roberts is kind of being a master politician here."Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney stopped short on Thursday of disparaging the Supreme Court, saying that the ruling determined Obamacare didn't violate the U.S. Constitution. Barack Obama played it safe by saying American lives would be more secure because of the high court's decision. Their comments understate that Thursday's Obamacare ruling is likely the most crucial decision by the Supreme Court since Bush v. Gore in 2000, when then-Chief Justice William Rehnquist wrote the majority opinion. It appears that Roberts just had his Bush v. Gore moment. Medicaid HMOs
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV