10 Ways to Buy Your Private Island
Location: The Gulf Islands off British Columbia
Price: $75 million
If you're going to try to live like Richard Branson, Johnny Depp or Dr. Evil, you may as well spend like them. This 780-acre isle includes sandy beaches, a marina, an airstrip and a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course among its finer attributes. There's also a 5,000-square-foot main house, six guest cottages and what is easily the best toy a rich boomer ever gave himself: an entire Old West town with a store, library, kitchens and a gym. The island was the property and brainchild of cellphone pioneer and Clearwire (CLWR) founder Craig McCaw, whose guests on the island included Bill Gates and Quincy Jones.
-- Written by Jason Notte in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham.>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV