Cramer said yes, it is. The selling have been overdone and the outlook for the company remains strong. He noted that in the three months leading up to the news, shares of Celgene fell by 16%, making the stock cheap even before the news. Shares now trade at less than 11 times earnings, despite the fact management reaffirmed its guidance.
Over the long term, Cramer said the Revlimid news simply isn't that bad. It has delayed, but not killed, the drug's approval in Europe by about 18 months. Celgene still has a healthy stable of other drugs in the pipeline to help it grow. In fact, Celgene has nine drugs in phase two and phase three clinical trials.
Cramer said shares of Celgene are now way too cheap, but still could get cheaper. He advised buying half a position now and waiting until after the quarter ends Friday to pick up the other half.
Still a Growth Story, But...
So what does a broken company look like? Cramer said that it doesn't look like Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY), a best-of-breed growth stock that was up 27% for the year before the company stumbled last Wednesday when it delivered slowing same-store sales and tepid guidance. Shares of Bed Bath and Beyond fell 16% on the news.Despite popular belief, business at Bed Bath & Beyond is not falling off a cliff, said Cramer, as management is simply under-promising and over-delivering as they have many times in the past. The company sells housewares, he said, not the kind of items consumers are likely to buy online. With gas prices falling, consumers have more money in their pockets to spend. Cramer said the growth story remains intact at Bed Bath, as the company looks to acquire Cost Plus (CPWM), an acquisition that will offer many synergies to its current business. The company also has a $600 million stock buyback program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV