Silver Wheaton Corporation (SLW) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Silver Wheaton Corporation fell 68 cents (-2.6%) to $25.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.8 million shares of Silver Wheaton Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $25.15-$26.04 after having opened the day at $25.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.17. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Pacific Ethanol (PEIX), down 34%, Kingold Jewelry (KGJI), down 28%, Gevo (GEVO), down 27.2%, and Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat (AMCF), down 22.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Silver Wheaton Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SLW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV