Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings rose $2.67 (3%) to $92.04 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 768,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $88.64-$92.50 after having opened the day at $89.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.37. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Foundation SunLink Healthcare Affiliates In (SSY), up 24.2%, Synergetics USA (SURG), up 22.7%, Orexigen Therapeutics (OREX), up 19.9%, and Chelsea Therapeutics International (CHTP), up 12.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Laboratory Corporation of America Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LH
Laboratory Corp. Of America Holdings Becomes #76 Most Shorted S&P 500 Component, Replacing Hartford Financial Services Group
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV