June 28, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Android users are just a finger tap away from searching millions of foreclosed, price reduced, and recently sold properties with the newly updated Realtor.com Android real estate search app, announces Realtor.com operator Move, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOVE), the leader in online real estate. As a result, Android users can now enter the world's best marketplace for more on the latest in real estate information from Realtor.com using their favorite mobile device.
The official Realtor.com Android real estate search app is compatible with Android 2.1 devices or higher and can be downloaded at:
With the enhanced Realtor.com Android app, potential home buyers and sellers can now:
- Make better pricing decisions with access to final sale prices reported directly by the MLS on properties sold in the last six months. Now home buyers can rely on their Realtor.com Android app to display sold prices within 24 hours of a final sale, and tailor their search to discover sold listings exclusively or when zooming into specific areas.
- Quickly find and monitor foreclosed properties in a specific area with the new and easy-to-see orange badges. Potential home buyers and sellers can now also find and access foreclosures as part of a general search or foreclosure-only search query with the app.
- Monitor price changes on homes anywhere all the time with the new easy-to-see green arrows on property listings. Users know instantly when the list price is reduced and by how much based on MLS direct updates.
"When it comes to real estate transactions, accurate, timely knowledge is power," said Realtor.com President,
. "A thorough understanding of a local real estate market empowers buyers and sellers to make better, more informed real estate decisions. Enhancing the Realtor.com Android app search experience with price reductions, foreclosed homes and recently sold properties brings a higher level of local knowledge to buyers and sellers when it's most convenient and important to them."
With this newest update, Android users now have access to an enhanced Realtor.com mobile home screen experience that puts them one touch closer to discovering nearby homes for sale and rent, recently sold homes, and nearby open houses within 20 miles of their current location. Additional ways to search on the updated Realtor.com Android app include:
- Area Highlighter allows users to draw on the map to create and customize the boundaries of their own personalized search. Draw a straight line down a street and only listings on that street appear.
- Area Scout shows buyers the list prices of all homes for sale in a search area so all properties on the market in that area can be compared. It moves with them so they can track homes in the neighborhood if they're on the move.
"I've used many mobile apps and find the Realtor.com apps to be the most accurate and best apps available today," said
, of Keller Williams Realty in
"Since housing markets vary significantly by neighborhood, one of the best features of the Realtor.com app is the 'Area Highlighter' tool. It enables me to identify neighborhood boundaries that I want to search. I recommend this app to my clients over many others, due to its intuitive nature."
The Realtor.com suite of mobile real estate search apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone 7 deliver an easy-to-use, fun and personalized search experience so you can quickly discover and connect with the property and agent that's right for you. Realtor.com mobile apps are the only real estate search apps with access to the most accurate and comprehensive collection of online listings on Realtor.com. Approximately 85 percent of all property listings on Realtor.com are updated every 15 minutes directly by an MLS and the remaining are updated every one to 24 hours. To download the Realtor.com mobile app for iPad, iPhone, Android or Windows Phone 7:
Move, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOVE), is the leader in online real estate and operator of Move.com, a leading destination for information on new homes and rental listings, moving, home and garden and home finance; REALTOR.com®, the official website of the National Association of REALTORS®; Moving.com; SeniorHousingNet; ListHub; SocialBios, and TOP PRODUCER Systems. Move, Inc. is based in
, where the world shops for real estate online, is operated by Move, Inc., (NASDAQ:MOVE) and is the official web site of the National Association of Realtors
. As the #1 homes-for-sale site, Realtor.com® currently offers potential home buyers access to over four million property listings. It also provides Realtors
and the home sellers they represent with the Internet's most accurate and comprehensive real estate marketplace. Agents and companies have the power to customize Realtor.com
resources to maximize their brand and productivity.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including information about management's view of Move's future expectations, plans and prospects, within the safe harbor provisions under The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the results of Move, its subsidiaries, divisions and concepts to be materially different than those expressed or implied in such statements. These risk factors and others are included from time to time in documents Move files with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to, its Form 10-Ks, Form 10-Qs and Form 8-Ks. Other unknown or unpredictable factors also could have material adverse effects on Move's future results. The forward-looking statements included in this press release are made only as of the date hereof. Move cannot guarantee future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements. Accordingly, you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Finally, Move expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.