NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Among the earnings stories for Thursday, June 28, from The Associated Press:
â¿¿ Family Dollar Stores Inc.'s fiscal third-quarter profit rose 12 percent, as more people headed to its discount stores in search of bargains and spent more money on their purchases.
â¿¿ Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc. said its fiscal third-quarter net income slid 66 percent as it deals with higher costs and lower selling prices in its metals recycling unit.
â¿¿ American Greetings Corp.'s fiscal first-quarter net income fell 78 percent, dragged down by charges related to the bankruptcy of Britain's Clinton Cards PLC.â¿¿ Worthington Industries saw fourth-quarter net income edge upward thanks to better selling prices and strength in its cylinders unit. â¿¿ Greenbrier returned to a profit during the third-quarter as it delivered more new railcars and the higher volumes helped boost margins, but the company fell short on revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV