NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- These health care stocks hit 52-week highs on Thursday following the U.S. Supreme Court's upholding of Obamacare: Community Health Systems (CYH), DaVita (DVA) and Team Health Holdings (TMH).
Community Health Systems
The hospital health care services company's stock hit a 52-week high on Thursday of $28.79. The stock's 52-week low of $14.61 was set on Oct. 5.
"The company remains focused on controlling supply expenses and the growth of employed physicians helps this," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a June 20 report. "It believes that margins will be favorably impacted by improvements at acquired hospitals and increases in case mix. Acquisitions should be about 45 per year and CYH turns down more than in prior years due to more supply. The company is hopeful that it has the opportunity to continue the good admission trends which it had in 1Q12. Last year admissions were negatively hurt by a rapid transition to Interqual, but this issue abated in 1Q12."Community Health Systems trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 5.38 times; the average among its peers is 12.1. For comparison, Tenet Healthcare (THC) has a higher forward P/E of 13.83. Fourteen of the 23 analysts who cover Community Health Systems rated it hold. Eight analysts gave the stock a buy rating and one rated it sell. The stock has risen 58.05% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV