Early Thursday, he was concerned that the price would jump with a confusing decision on the health care law, or if the court overturned it. Like many other Americans, he saw contradictory news reports about the ruling and "my heart dropped."
He repeatedly refreshed the Web pages on his computer screen and, finally, when the ruling became clear, "it was a relief."
The company is among the 30 percent of businesses with fewer than 10 employees that offer health coverage. Small businesses often pay more for insurance than large companies.
Schreiber is hoping his company can qualify for a tax credit made available by the health care law for small businesses that provide health insurance. The tax credit is one of the most popular ideas in the health law, according to polls.___ Name: Samantha Ames Home: Washington, D.C. Age: 25 Occupation: Recent law school graduate Insurance coverage: Got back on parents' insurance, thanks to the health care law When Ames woke up from ankle surgery, her doctor said her ligament had been in worse shape than he previously thought from previous sports injuries. "He told me if I had injured it once more, it would likely have torn apart entirely," Ames said. "I may never have fully regained my ability to walk. It's only because I was able to get the operation when I did that I was spared a much more severe, painful and lasting injury." Ames was able to have the $30,000 surgery because she was covered by her parents' insurance, thanks to a provision in the health care law that lets young adults keep that coverage until they turn 26. Nationally, an additional 3.1 million young people are covered as a result. She is uncertain whether she will have a job that provides insurance when she turns 26 in October.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV